Saturday, November 13, 2021

CHAPTER 213 IMPRESSIONS OF MY LIFE: AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A RECHERCHE POET.ALL THHAT FOLLOWED THE CLINICAL VISIT 2017

 CHAPTER 213. ALL THAT FOLLOWED THE CLINICAL VISIT 2017

 




I attended those clinics faithfully until 2021 when Covid interfered. I was still able to go to things as we moved through 2017.  There was the annual Board Dinner in January. It was not out at Olive Garden. It was held at Elder Rick Korwek' condominium. His wife and Karen Scott, the pastor's life prepared the meal. 

 

This time it was held in a small local restaurant called
Geoorge’s outside Claymont.On February 25 a Men’s Breakfast was held in Iron Faith Fellowship. It was here I noticed I needed help from others for certain simple things, opening a bottle, cutting any meat or spreading butter on my rolls.



I was still able to stand up for long periods, so got to help put The Blessing Bags together on August 8.  May church makes up these bags that contain certain necessities for the homeless such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, and the very important sox the homeless need. People can put a small amount of money or  coupons for MacDonalds in so they can get something to eat. Members of the church carried several bogs in their car and if they pass a begging homeless person on the curb they hand out a bag. Laurel was always  ready to volunteer for such things.



Jammin’ For Jesus was old in Rodney Square on August 26. I managed to go there and listen to the bands and mingle with some of the people. Iron Faith is one of the sponsors with a  couple

other local church and we put it on each year for the benefit of Wilmington homeless, who often congregate in that square just below the DuPont Hotel and the statue of Caesar Rodney. Several bands play there all day, along with preaching.


Our church has a booth as do  others. We give out gift
bags and literature. Connect with us is the free popcorn stand, manned by Charles and  Cheryl Reber. Unfortunately Cheryl died in 2021.



We serve free food during this, shall we say festival, mostly hot dogs.


 

As I was walking Ito the park  a black woman came down the sidewalk toward.  She looked at me with my beard sandals and walking stick and declared Moses had arrived. 


We also have a tent where we distribute free clothing to the homeless as well. 


I am not certain Jammin’ for Jesus was able to go on in 2020 and 2021 because of the pandemic. It’s a shame. Of course.I can no longer get there 



Another event we give every year that I last attended in 2017 and haven’t been able get back too. I do believe they had it in 2021 again and that is Trunk ’n’ Treat near Halloween. 


Everybody decorates the trunks of their cars, comes in
costume and gives the children candy. They also play games with the kids.






There is also a bouncy house and a slide. Food is handy, naturally. My son and grandson, Jasper, were able to attend in 2017.  












We had our float in the Claymont Christmas Parade. This was the  last of these I was able to get to and went as a shepherd, carrying my little lamb wave at the kids along the route. I could not do the march, so I had to ride on the float sitting upon  a hay bail, which I slid off of near the end. Several of the others rushed over to pick me up, but I told them to leave me lay there; it was the most comfortable I had been all day.







No comments:

Post a Comment